Sleep School organized jointly by the Universities of Helsinki and Turku, in co-operation with Nordic experts. Sleep School will provide overview and practical tools for phycisians, nurses, psychologists and researchers in the field of sleep medicine and sleep research.
The Sleep medicine course combines high quality expertises in sleep research (Sleepwell research program at Helsinki University Medical Faculty) and clinical sleep medicine (Sleep and Breathing Centre at the Turku University Hospital). The teachers are internationally recognized experts on their respective fields, and experienced educatiors.
Aims of the course: The course “Sleep medicine” will provide the participants overview on sleep medicine and practical tools for professionals and students in the field.
Target audience: Medical doctors, nurses, psychologists and other health care professionals working in fields where patients have sleep problems, as well as students and researchers of these fields. The course is free of charge and open to those interested in sleep medicine.
CURRICULUM AUTUMN TERM 2021:
October 20th at 16.00-18.00 (EEST)
3. Control of sleep and wakefulness. Adj. prof. Tarja Stenberg
4. Theories on the function of sleep; Sleep, learning and memory. PhD Henna-Kaisa Wigren
November 10th at 16.00-18.00 (EET)
5. Effects of sleep and acute and chronic sleep deprivation on bodily functions. Prof. Anu-Katriina Pesonen
6. Genetics of sleep. Prof. Tiina Paunio
December 8th at 16.00-18.00 (EET)
7. Sleep across the life span. MD, PhD Outi Saarenpää-Heikkilä and adj. prof. Anna-Sofia Urrila
8. Role of sleep as co-morbidity in different pathologies. MD, PhD Salla Lamusuo