Long COVID and ME/CFS – Treatment and Rehabilitation
Friday 7 – Saturday 8 October 2022
The international conference of ME/CFS and Long COVID – Treatment and Rehabilitation is held in Tampere Finland (also online) on 7-8 October 2022. The conference presents current information about ME/CFS and Long Covid.
This innovative two-day conference will review the challenges of understanding the pathophysiology, risk factors, clinical presentation, treatment and rehabilitation of post COVID-19 condition (Long COVID) and ME/CFS (myalgic encephalomyelitis/ chronic fatigue syndrome). Bringing together top researchers, clinicians and therapists working in this field we can better understand the underlying mechanisms and identify potential treatments.
The conference is directed for all health and social care professionals, patients and their families, and anyone interested in the subject. Finnish experts’ lectures will be presented in Finnish and lectures by experts from other countries will be presented in English. International experts will be presenting their lectures mainly remotely, Finnish experts on site in Tampere, Finland.
The following themes will be discussed during the conference:
- Long COVID and ME/CFS; pathophysiology, risk factors and clinical presentation.
- International guidelines for managing Long COVID and ME/CFS: recommendations and practices for treatment and rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation for people with Long COVID and ME/CFS
- What instructions and guidance healthcare professionals can give to the patient
- What methods can be applied in treatment and rehabilitation
- Similarities and differences between Long COVID and ME/CFS
- Patients and carers perspective